Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 7


No worries, despite my lack of blogging I have still been training. My goal was to write everyday but it seems that might not happen. I will do my best to keep up though and hopefully I can figure out a daily routine that always includes blog time. Regardless, training has been going well. I stretched and strength trained for about 45 minutes on Sunday and it was nice. I ran 3 miles yesterday and I felt good. I've discovered a website (with help from my good friend Phaedra) that allows you to track your mileage and even find new routes to run. Pretty neat. Now, I don't have to go spend $200 on some fancy tracking device that the running store offers. Awesome. I picked up the book "The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer," and have started digging in to all that it has to share about running one's first marathon. A lot of the words are CAPITALIZED and sometimes it feels like I'm listening to a motivational speaker. Funny stuff. One of the first things the book says is not to establish a finish time for your first marathon. I think this is the best idea ever. It gives me the opportunity to focus on my main goal which is to finish the race. I've got 4 hours to go 13.1 miles and I know that's possible. So far so good and I hope to keep up the positive attitude. I've been warned that you can't finish a marathon without continually believing in yourself and maintaining positive thoughts. Here here. I feel this philosophy may find it's way in to all parts of my life and make living that much sweeter. Sweet!!

Training: 4 mile run
Days til race: 102
Weather: It rained today but was nice when I ran
Mind: persistent

No comments:

Post a Comment