Sunday, August 30, 2009

DAY 12


Just got back from a wonderful weekend of camping. I love the outdoors. I had a long run on Saturday and it went well. I was out in the woods so I got to run on trail. Definitely much easier on the knees. I love the Mckenzie River! It was so nice to be surrounded by such beautiful scenery. The trees smelled delicious and the water was so crisp and clean. I think I am going to make it a point to run all my long runs on trail. I definitely need to switch it up so that I'm not always running on cement. My knees are already a bit cranky and I need to be nice to them. Injury prevention is the key to running a marathon!!! This also gives me a great opportunity to discover more of Oregon's amazing trials. It's like I'll be going on a mini vacay every weekend. SWEET! Overall, I'm still feeling good and positive. I did miss a cross-training day last Thursday but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Life happens and if you want to avoid Portland traffic, you gotta get out of town early. I think my main focus this week will be on my diet. It's super important to feed the body appropriately while training. I need to eat more of the right kinds of carbs and protein and less simple sugars and tater tots. That being said, I'm pretty sure I want someone to meet me at the finish line with a large cheese pizza. Rad.

Training: 4 mile run (Saturday)
Days til race: A lot
Mind: curious

No comments:

Post a Comment