Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 3


Today I rest. I've been advised to let my muscles rest if I want them to build strength. Apparently, muscles need time to utilize the proteins and amino acids from our diets to repair themselves and get bigger. I don't really feel like I need a rest but I do want stronger muscles. Ahhhh, a day of relaxation. I woke up at 10am and it was awesome. I love that I don't have to work today either. It's nice to wake up late, walk the dog, eat a bagel, do a crossword, and still have the afternoon open to get stuff done. I think I'm going to figure out my 4 mile run route. I actually tried to do this earlier but I got stuck behind a train and eventually had to turn around, thus adding mileage to my odometer. I should probably just go pick up some sort of mileage counter somewhere. Maybe I'll check out the running shop up the street. Wow, I don't think I've ever uttered those words before in my life. I guess that's what change is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment