Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 84


Ooops. It's been 2 weeks since my last post. SLACKER!!! I'm still running. A lot. I ran 8 miles in the pouring down rain yesterday. Not sure it was the best idea but it had to happen someday. This is Oregon. I was going to run 9 miles but I made a deal with the rain. If it wanted to keep monsooning, I was only going to run 8 miles. I'm off today and cleaning the house like a mad woman. And doing 3 loads of laundry. I can't believe Vegas is in like 3 1/2 weeks. I'm getting new shoes this week. I'm super excited about that. Pretty much the best thing ever. Pretty much not the best thing ever was when I "hit a wall" last week. It SUCKED. I hadn't eaten much all day and then set out on a 6 miler. Dumb! My muscles were starved for energy and didn't want to function properly. I could barely move my legs and I felt like I might actually have to stop and walk. Or just fall over. Luckily, I made it home and learned a very valuable lesson. Must eat before running. But not to soon before. Running is crazy. I love it.

Training: cleaning the house
Days til Race: 27
Mind: holy crap

No comments:

Post a Comment